TextFormat / TextLayout font substitution

TextFormat/TextLayout text’s font looks different in vvvv, probably it’s substituting on it’s own by something else.https://vvvv.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/large/images/whatethefont.png https://vvvv.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/large/images/screenshot_6.png

the font (120.0 kB)

Here on my Windows 7 machine the font just looks fine. In my vvvv same as in your photoshop. Can not really make out what node you use to show the text, I used the Text (EX9) helppatch, beta 32.1 32bit.

Westbam, sorry, I need dx11 bold text (forgot to mention in thread’s title), and as Vux recomended here https://discourse.vvvv.org/t/12096 I’ve updated pack to latest version and used these nodes…

So converting font from ttf to otf wasn’t changing anything, but converting for web ( here http://everythingfonts.com/font-face ) is a solution.

idwyr, how did you load the web fonts? Which format and node did you use? Please explain. Thanks!

I found a workaround while doing some trial and error. Seems that the error only occurs with fonts that have a weight other than regular.

In my case the Helvetica Light did render as some totally other font. I edited the font using a font editor and removed all indications of “light”:
First I changed the “weight” attribute to “regular”. That was not enough. I also had to remove the word “light” from the “style” and “styling group” attribute.

The Software I used was Transtype but others will certainly do as well. http://new.fontlab.com/font-converter/transtype/

Just an info in case anyone still has the problem:
Vux released an update in the latest DX11-pack. Font Enumeration works now. Had the problem because I downloaded the previous DX11-Pack for 33.7