Using latest VL.IO.TCP available (
0.4.1-alpha), and tried with both gamma
5.2 and latest preview (
I’m spinning a TCP server in vvvv gamma and make Châtaigne talk to it. All is good until I delete the
TCPServer node : it looks like it’s still running somewhere in the background since Châtaigne marks it as
Connected, even after the node gets deleted.
Here are some repro steps and a capture :
- Create a TCP server in vvvv, leave the default settings
- In Châtaigne, create a TCP Client module, point it to vvvv’s port
- You can see the
Is Connectedbool turning true in Châtaigne.
Is Connectedis true in vvvv as well, all good
- Using Châtaigne’s Command Tester, send a string to vvvv, it works just fine
- In vvvv delete the
TCPServer: Châtaigne will lose the connection (
Is Connectedgoes false) and then turn true again
- CTRL + Z in vvvv, the TCP Server shows up again. But even if sending something from Châtaigne, vvvv does not receive anything
- Now change the port to 4445 both in Châtaigne in vvvv, it works again until you re-delete the
- Delete everything in vvvv and change the port back to 4444 in Châtaigne, it will pretend it’s connected even though there’s nothing running in vvvv
- Quit vvvv, Châtaigne will indeed indicate
What makes me believe that it has something to do with vvvv is the fact that when quitting the process, Châtaigne reports it’s disconnected.