TCP connection Speed Throttling

Hello! Im Using the TCP (Network Clients String) node to request positional data from a server which is handling some automation equipment. I have an issue that the TCP node is hitting the server TOO hard and i can’t find a way to throttle the connection.
Regardless of if the request data pin is high or low the TCP node seems to request data as fast as possible. Theres quite a few TCP options/nodes to choose from.
The exact node (Subpatch) I’m using is in vvvv_45beta31_x64\lib\nodes\modules\network\TCP (Network Client String)
Essentially using the TCP (Network Client)

I really want this to connect and request data every 200ms but cannot for the life if me figure out how, anyone who can point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Andy

i am not sure if i get the problem. you’re talking of a “request data pin” that i don’t see.

the maximum speed the node operates at is vvvvs framerate. so you could try throttling that using MainLoop (VVVV). also typically a server would answer after you send it a request. so usually you’d just set Do Send to true in a rate that you’d want the server to respond.

possibly related: Limiter (Animation)

Thanks for the reply Joreg, we discovered the server was actually broadcasting and it wasn’t vvvv, very confusing.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for the reply Joreg, we discovered the server was actually broadcasting and it wasn’t vvvv, very confusing.

Cheers

Andy