Switching between multiple patches

hi all,

at first many props for the new version - lovvvely!

my problem: i want to switch between several patches for doing some visuals. i thought of using a switch(node input) where all the subpatches are connected to and one ex9-renderer, BUT is there a way to automate the depthbuffer-settings, too, or do i have to use the same depth buffer format for all my scenes? i also tried another solution, where all my subpatches contained an own renderer in windowed or hidden mode, rendering its content to a dx-texture. then i switched between these textures which i mapped one a quad in the main patch. but all in all this solution seems to be a little bit buggy after opening the main patch again. (sometimes grey render window, somtetimes no rendered objects…)

any idea?

ah ok, i just recognized the ZWriteEnable-node,…maybe that’s what helps me with individualising the appearance of objects in different patches…

Hi Shilcman
Your second idea is the good way ,and with this solution you can use some post processing effect on your dxtexture
The problem with the grey window , is that the windowed hidden mode is a little buggy , the renderer seems to doesn t work when he is hiden when he start
the solution maybe is just to don t hide the renderer .
The zwriteenable node is definitely not the way to do the job, it s for solve the flikering problem when two mesh are overlap.
It is the solution?

i also tried another solution, where all my subpatches contained an own renderer in
windowed or hidden mode, rendering its content to a dx-texture. then i switched
between these textures which i mapped one a quad in the main patch. but all in all this
solution seems to be a little bit buggy after opening the main patch again. (sometimes
grey render window, somtetimes no rendered objects…)

did you experience that problem in beta9 also?
if so please post a patch that shows the problem. seems to work as you described it here.