Suggestions for new content and improvements for the Help Browser (topics, keywords, terms, HowTo patch ideas, ...)

I have to say I was really blown away when I saw the node documentation of Cables, which I think would be really helpful to have this also for Gamma, either in the gray book or in the help browser, or both.

And if there was such a section in the help browser - little patch areas with interactive examples of the nodes which can be copied and pasted over to the current document would be absolutely top-notch (or just help patches in a separate window, like in beta…)

2 Likes

Skia Panels, f1 says no help patch, but should point to Example Panels

1 Like

Also Angle, AngleBetween, Slope, ToPolar und FromPolar should open their examples on F1.

A help patch “How to get / set Renderer/SceneWindow size” for Skia and Stride would be a great benefit as well which is a very popular question in the classroom. (ClientBounds)

they all work for me. please check again.

Okay… works in 21.4, but does not in 22.5.

Also PostFX is not linked to its help patch, this time in both versions. Maybe also all single PostFX should also link to this patch?

I think it would be great if one can also find the “SetSlice”-Node in the “Manage Items in a spread” Helppatch. See an update proposal of the patch attachted:
HowTo Manage Items in a Spread with SetSlice.vl (23.6 KB)

Also F1 on a SetSlice-Node should open up the help patch “How to replace items in a spread”. :)

1 Like

Help patch proposal “How to convert an OpenCV image to a Skia Image or Stride Texture”:

Patch: HowTo_convert_an_Image_from_OpenCV_to_Skia_or_Stride.vl (15.5 KB)

1 Like

I would say, FromImage, and ImageTo should be consistent, either FromImage with different outputs to choose from, or ImageToSK ImageToStride. I never know if I am looking for a From or a To, and this goes with some other translation nodes.

2 Likes

New tags proposal for the “Heading” Node:
speed, orientation, direction, angle, length, movement

For the Node Browser as well as for the Help patch “HowTo Compute the orientation and speed of movement”:

2 Likes

The tag dropdown for the two ImGui help patches about ComboBoxes would be nice.

2 Likes

The names of obsolete nodes as e.g. “DrawSVG” should be also included as Tags for the new nodes replacing the obsolete ones (e.g. “DrawPicture”).

1 Like

it would be great if the spray helppatch had the tag particles

2 Likes

I just made a small update on this one. See patch download below if useful.

HowTo_convert_an_Image_from_OpenCV_to_Skia_or_Stride.vl (21.5 KB)