Still VVVV + VL taking ages to open

@karistouf
sorry for hijacking your thread. the installer thing is only meant for beginners.

concerning your slow startup time, what are we talking about here in minutes / seconds ?

minutes u7angel :( dont worry about hijacking, its good to see threads giving life to other things

that sounds like the defender exception isn’t working, do you have anything else installed ? because i installed at least 20x win 10 installations this year, and it always was the defender. of course i have always fast SSD installed, that might makes a difference too.

defender is working. VVVV is exception setted.
other version (without VL) are fast working on same computer.

this VVVV are with Dx11, DOPE, 2D triangle contributions. Could that be possible they are giving hard time ? (despite no patch is loaded on start)

yeah packs slow down as well as far as i know. but not minutes scale…thats odd

odd is the good word :)

@karistouf you can look on to that process when you start vvvv it will show that this is a defender problem…

on other hand… : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/win_cert/windows-certification-portal

on other had is for our dear DeVVVVs :) thank you antokhio…

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Windows Task Manager.
  2. In the list of processes, look for Antimalware Service Executable process.
  3. Right-click on the said process and select Open File Location .
  4. In the address bar, the full path of Antimalware Service Executable can be found. Click on the address bar and copy the full path.
  5. Open the Start menu, type “windows defender” and click on it to open the Windows Defender Security Center.
  6. Click on Virus & threat protection and select Virus & threat protection settings .
  7. Scroll down until “Exclusions” and click Add or remove exclusions . Then, click on Add an extension, select File and paste the path to Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) in the address bar. Lastly, click Open and the file will now be excluded from the scan.

this is doing the thing thank you

why would you add the anti malware executable to the defender exceptions? that doesn’t sound correct and is a bit obscure. you only need to add the (correct) vvvv.exe there.

i have added process VVVV.exe to the malware service exceptions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.