Spread of text texture on DX11?

Hi
how do I get a spread of text based textures in DX11 ?
S.

render temptarget, also there woei text texture for dx9, i’ve seen somewhere unc’s tfx for that somewhere on my hdd prolly. There was something with SDF on screenshots… also there is cinder example for SDF https://www.google.ru/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#newwindow=1&q=sdf%20text

So render temptarget can pass out multiple textures? I remember that ex9 could get max 4 textures.
I ve tried to pass Text(texture)ex9 with ex9todx11 but I think only 1 texture is passed.
S.

u can do also single renderer with DX11 text layout, and then cut separate phrases with tex transform… Can’t find anything for 2d here… Otherwise u can try with text array render, but i had some troubles doing that yesterday…

Yes I thought about that too, seems a bit cumbersome though. Seems like I always find some show stoppers trying to use DX11 for semi complex patches…
S.

it technically depends what cha want with text, might be there is an easy option
i got 3d sprite version, u can use routine from there and do something for 2d

I need a few labels to float (billboard style) above some 3d objects in 3d space. I am using a shader found here:
https://discourse.vvvv.org/t/11334
because there I could no find another way to billboard Text(DX11).
S.

what about Renderer (DX11 TextureArray) ?

do inverse view projection then do multiply vec3 u gonna get points in 2d, don’t forget aspect then attach labels with normal dx11 text

to shed some light into this:

In vux’ dx11 pack viewports and texture spreads (more useful in vvvv then pure arrays) are not that different from each other conceptually, except that a spread of viewports can have different pixel sizes, while a texture array cannot.

Sadly their management nodes still differ.
Because internally, on the gpu, it is a different story. Viewports are rendered into a single big texture and get cropped out later down the cable (can be sprites, or displays). Texture arrays (and their spread output) are more of what you’d expect in a vvvv link.

So the viewport approach keeps on indexing a region of a smaller picture within (like @antokhio hinted), more like a pointer to a result (best with a name label). On the contrary, the spread keeps the results in a uniform list directly.

The difference is having this with extra information, about where, when and what Sonic is supposed to do:

Versus a list of individual Sonic’s with extra information, about the same except the “where”.

So far, there is no best way to do it, but this is something that’s supposed to be shared.
edit: latest dx11 from github master required

ViewportDispatch.zip (2.2 kB)