Could someone please take the time to find out if this camera (Fujifilm Finepix S3Pro UVIR) is the ideal tool for
- tracking infrared (extra high IR sensitivity, switchable)
- hi-quality webcams (12 megapixels, Firewire tethered remote operation)
- saving money (relatively dirt-chaep at ca. 1800 EUR)
What I’d like to know:
- would it be possible to use it as a real thermographic camera? (no extra IR light in order to detect warm bodies)
- is there a documented API to the tethered mode? So that we could make a vvvv node for it?
sorry if I’m lazy. But perhaps someone else is also interested?
yes, i’m interested too. gonna have a look
ok…did some research. u can’t use it as a thermographic camera as the wavelenght range of the CCD chip is 350nm - 1000nm. thermographic cams work close to 14000nm.
in addition capturing pictures in non-visible wavelenghts seems to be an off-line process.
excerpt fuji: To some extent the outer limits of wavelength sensitivity in the UV and IR bands become a trial and error process, this is because the CCD data must be converted by the cameras image processor to a file that can be viewed on a monitor or in a print.