Slice selection

hi, it’s me again ;-)

i have a question about spreads. I know how to get only one slice out of a spread, but how can I define to get different slices (let’s say the first, fourth and eight). The problem is that the programmm can’t be static, because the spread count and the slices that I want to select are changing values…

what I have is a patch wich 10 (changing value) different x and y values for example . Out of this values i calculate the distance to another object. And in the moment the distance falls under a specific value, I want it to be discarded. I the end I want a node in wich only the x and y values remain that have the distance to another object above a specific value.

This may be a little bit unclear :-§, in case I can upload a screenshot or the patch

any tipps?

Thanks in advance

Leo

Hi

GetSlice and Select are the nodes you need here.

see attached patch!

select.v4p (4.0 kB)

Thanks David, that helped.

Before this, I just connected the lenght with the Alpha of the textures, then they dissapeared…

But this solution is much better :-)

But what if I want that a object wich (dessen) distance to another objects goes under a specific value doesn’t reappears when it’s distance changes to a higher value???

Sorry for my english…

I used a FlipFlop and an AND node for this one, values will pass the 0.5 border only 1 time, after that they are just getting ignored, until you bang the reset button.

Curious what patch you are building ;)

select-4.v4p (8.4 kB)

maybe a multitouch ? ;)

I use this in combination with a tracking node and a wide-angle-usb cam. Guess what it is? ;-)

P.S. I will give a try to select-4 later today. When I finish this project I will post it!

thanks for all you help!