Skia nodes does not work when installing mp.dx with VPM

originally I solved the version conflict problem for my packs with that thing, they used the same libraries but had different updates at different times.

libEGL.dll oh wow, that’s some sinister situation we have here. I have absolutely no clue why the probing dir change breaks that, I also don’t use anything EGL related. Recently I managed to compile some DLL’s with Costura.Fody IL weaver, which originally was only for executables. with that referenced dll’s can be embedded into the target, so hopefully that might resolve this situation. I can try tomorrow. Also as a side effect many of you can at least attempt manual installation of mp.* packs.

yes, that’s a common problem with libraries and packs… was it necessary to update/downgrade any library that we ship with vvvv for a specific feature?

I don’t think so that’s the case anymore. I think some years ago I used Rx 4.something while vvvv was still on 2.something but obviously that’s not the case anymore. It wasn’t only about updated libraries but shared stuff so I wouldn’t repeat myself. again, I will check tomorrow if I can get rid of individual DLL dependencies and embed them individually in my packs

well costura.fody didn’t work, that was wishful thinking so vpm stays. all these years I haven’t realised I could put these libraries into packs//core and all packs will pick that up. I look so stupid. Aaanyway, updated md.stdl, mp.pddn and Notui, to not modify config xml and go into packs/md.core/core. according to tests, seemingly works. https://vvvvpm.github.io/#mp.dx/github.latest

if you already installed mp.dx replace <probing privatePath="lib\core;packs/md.core" /> with just <probing privatePath="lib\core" /> in vvvv.exe.config, go to packs/md.core and delete everything there. then install mp.dx from vpdb (link above)

5 Likes

@microdee just tested latest mp.dx install via vpm on a fresh vvvv installation and it all worked fine, thanks a lot!

I have just tested on our project with @sebescudie and it works perfectly now ! No more conflicts noticed with VL.Skia. Thanks a lot @microdee for the update ! :)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.