Skia issues in vl preview

Hi, I’m experiencing two issues with skia in 2021.4.0-0329 (and 327):

• it crashes when I’m simply pointing at skia image filters (blur or point light). I’m attaching a simple patch which does this callmenames-2021-08-30.vl (5.2 KB)
  • another issue is if I try to render any layer with point light as SkiaTexture in Stride it flickers and shows just the point light color with some black squares instead of the actual texture, hopefully these screenshots will explain something image image

can you clarify why you name “vl beta” in the title? in the text you only mention using vvvv gamma 2021.4 previews

@joreg sorry I meant preview

Related:

looks exactly the same, although I don’t see any exception message

The exception message was taken from event viewer.
The go-to place when experiencing a silent/hard crash.

1 Like

Hi anpin,

would you please test tooltips for the skia’s image filters with the latest previews?

Thank you!
Anton

Hi @robotanton it doesn’t really work. At first I was able to see shape without shades, but then it went like this even though I haven’t change anything.

Please find the patch attached 22-30-48_000_patterns-67-10-10.vl (176.9 KB)

it crashes when I’m simply pointing at skia image filters (blur or point light). I’m attaching a simple patch which does this

had the same problem with 385, works now with 393

yes, the tooltips are working now, but actual rendering of a texture in stride is not

Renderer(offscreen) is the culprit. If you use a texture coming from an image reader your patch works. I suggest you just use one renderer (skia texture) and compose your image just using layers and filters.

callmenames-2021-09-20.vl (24.1 KB)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.