Simple Video Mixer

VVVV is great! i just discovered this tool. i wondered if someone build a simple video mixer i can use to understand how to do it on my own ? anybody can help ?
thanks!
christoph

With no node selected, hit F1. This will open the general helppatch. Then look for girlpower and rightclick on open label, placed on the left. A folder opens: look for Video folder. You may want to launch 08_Video_Mixer.v4p.

hey h99! thanks that is great. but how to mix more than 2 videos ? i want to have the oppurtunity to mix up to 40 videos with blending mode :)

Are you sure that there’s no other helpful patch in Video folder? There’s not a single approach to do such mixing in vvvv. A bit of research is due.
Check also Contibutions.

Hey ! Thanks for helping me :) the Whole Day i did Research :( Nothing to find in contributions either. …
I cant Find a way how to connect more than 2 videos to the Mix :(

You need to study spreads.
Have a look at helppatches of nodes such as Renderer, Group, Zip, Unzip, Cons, …

can you help me how to select the coloumns from the string spread ?? the filestream does not load the video. how to select one row and coloumn :(

Just fill the IOBox with other tracks, then, as explained here, put a GetSlice (String) between IOBox and Filestream.
Then try to patch some logic to switch between different tracks.

MAN! thanks, this is sooo coool!!!

hey h99 :) really thanks for helping me!! can you give me a tip how to bang like +1 or even select via mouse click or midi a number ?

A Counter node… Very handy!

hey great thanks :) :)

somebody got a tip how to blend between the videos now ? :) :)
great support here!

In dx9 or dx11?

For dx9, try with Mix (Ex9.Texture Mixer).

You will have to separate your IOBox (for example on the Left IOBox PLXBubble.mov and 20161209.mov, and in the right IOBox the two others…)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.