as I was trying to share a texture from a Direct3D11 application with vvvv, it didn’t work. At first I thought I was doing something wrong, such that D3D9ex applications couldn’t open the shared texture.
Then I tried receiving the same shared texture in beta28.1, and everything works like a charm.
Also, when I share a texture FROM vvvv with a Direct3D11 receiver, the receiver would successfully receive and display my shared texture, whereas 4 times out of 5, the ‘SharedTexture connected to a quad’ that I put in the same patch as the one I am sharing the texture from (just for checking), wouldn’t show.
Since the other application successfully uses that same shared texture, it feels as if the SharedTexture node has a bug introduced somewhere.
i indeed had to fix something there as i found it not working every other time (when the the handle was to big). your patch works for me in any case…i am reloading it and it always still works, no matter what the handle is.
do you get tty output when it does not work? can you see a relation between handle-number and times when it is not working?
but also strange…i don’t get it to fail anymore with b29 as it used to before i added the fix…
There’s no relation between big and small handles, it seems that, when it works the first time, it will work every next time (if I add more slices). When it returns an all white texture, the first time, everything will keep failing afterwards.
It’s often when opening a patch (I open it with setpatch most of the time as you can see in the Wyphon examples in the other thread, don’t know if that matters). Then if I create a new SharedTexture node, connect all outputs from the Wyphon receiver node (handles last, if that matters), and then connect all of that to the quad, it starts working most of the time, so it feels like a initialization thing…