ScreenShot (EX9.Texture)

hi,
don’t know if it’s by design
but if you’ve a patch with a screenshot node plugged to a renderer with the show cursor pin set to 1 (default)
the mouse double click doesn’t work any more …

hm, not sure what you mean. attached you find a patch with a screenshot node plugged to a renderer showing the cursor. and i don’t see any doubleklicking not working. can you try to be more precise?

ScreenshotTester.v4p (1.9 kB)

hi Joreg,
this is it
when cursor set to 1
the dble click feature in windows (eg: opening a folder in explorer) result in a click + click behaviour = rename folder
in fact if i dble click in the vvvv window
the Mouse (System Global) return 1 for the first click
and 2 for the second click
if do this in explorer or on the desktop it returns 1 for the first click then 1 again for the second click

tested on 2 diff machines with beta 22 & 23

• the dble click feature in windows (eg: opening a folder in explorer) result in a click + click behaviour = rename folder
    i cannot reproduce this. maybe the screenshooting with cursor overlay is too cpu-consuming on your pcs and therefore doubleclicks are no longer interpreted as such?!

• in fact if i dble click in the vvvv window the Mouse (System Global) return 1 for the first click and 2 for the second click
    that is how it is supposed to be

• if do this in explorer or on the desktop it returns 1 for the first click then 1 again for the second click
    right, seems to be a bug. doubleclick on explorer should also report a 2 for the second click. but seems not related to the screenshot node.

i can’t check it until tomorrow and I don’t know how the mouse node work. But could it be related to vvvv changing to 30fps by default when not in focus? Could changing backgound framerate to eg. 60 in MainLoop help?

true the screenshot node is cpu hunger and the fps drop
but even with a very slow dbl click setting in the control panel
and some mainloop tweak it doesn’t work…
for me when the screenshot is plugged to a renderer
with cursor & shoot pin set to 1
i never reach 2 on second click if i’m outside of vvvv or
the renderer window.
if i unplug the quad i reach 2 everywhere :)