S+H (and read and write) Beta

Here’s a simple take on the S+H (Animation) node
this also has the ability to read and write its contents to a file

the filename is made up from the current patch name and the ‘Channel’ that you select in the inspektor with S+H (Animation Advanced) selected.

WARNING
This is a quick draft, chances are that you[ll come across a bug with this. hopefully it acts gracefully!

please test and give feedback

S+H.dll (20.5 kB)

at the moment the data is stored in a seperate file. ideally the values would be stored in v4p itself. i thought this might be possible by saving the values into an invisible input pin (since values of input pins are saved)
so far, no luck with this. could even be imposisble?

any suggestions?

another thing is, it might be favorable to:

1. select a filename for load/save yourself (rather than have it generated automatically)
  2. choose whether you want it to load on startup if the file is available

also, not entirely sure if it acts in exactly the same way as the usual S+H (Animation).

Anyway, i’ve tested it in my patches and it seems to work as expected. hope it does for you too

ideally the values would be stored in v4p itself. i thought this might be possible by saving the values into an invisible input pin (since values of input pins are saved)
so far, no luck with this. could even be imposisble?

within a module this works…
Sequencer (Animation Advanced)

The timeliner saves its data in (configuration)pins, so it has to be possible. I don´t know but maybe
SetColor
SetString
and Set Value are the methods you should have a look at.

the GUI 2D nodes do that too…

ok

here’s the second draft

now it’s saving in the config pin
but i’m a bit wary that if you’ve got multiple instances of the patch that you’re saving into, then you might need a ‘channel number’ again…

it seems to work the same as normal S+H except for when you change the spread size of the Set pin

have a look

S+H.dll (20.5 kB)