Remoting vvvv / exposing pins feature suggestions

@joreg
your OSC receiver modules could work indeed.
my concern is about performances:
having one OSC receiver module (with an OSCDecoder inside) for each of the controlled parameters could be heavy (considering you could have hundreds of parameters).
…that’s why i thought at Server node as the unique OSC decoder…
probably is just my current patch scenario; in little patch systems your modules should be fine.

@dottore: fcourse. so but we’re talking about the same thing. good.
@antokhio: still dont get it. why would you want to send individual slices on individual adresses? osc can send lists at once.

@joreg: 1) Is there a nice way to check if an IOBox (INode2 instance) is an outlet/inlet inside a plugin (constructor) or do I have to check the pins if the Input/Output isConnected? Many thanks.

1. There is something strange in this code:

if (node.Name == “IOBox (Value Advanced)”)
    pinName = “Y Input Value”;
    else if (node.Name == “IOBox (String)”)
    pinName = “Input String”;
    else if (node.Name == “IOBox (Color)”)
    pinName = “Color Input”;
    else if (node.Name == “IOBox (Enumerations)”)
    pinName = “Input Enum”;

When the IOBox has a description the “node.Name” is changed to “IOBox (Value Advanced) – My Descriptive Name”, therefor all the if-else-if fail on the callBack AddNodeCB when the ExposedNodeService call for it.
Pls, check may be i’m missing something ;) here

1. If I hookup to “pin.Changed” event of “Y Output Value” pin of the IOBox - I somehow do not receive the event when the node is changing its value? Some help on that? Thanks

^quote:@antokhio:
still dont get it. why would you want to send individual slices on individual adresses? osc can send lists at once.

but you can count binsizes on them!
thought first to send separate spread of binsizes in parallel
but it’s not that handy so i can just send list of addresses

here is how it works

it’s really accurate + you still can use interface buttons

@zeos: oui, that is wrong/old code, please update your repository to see the fix. other questions answered here: https://discourse.vvvv.org/

@anto: sorry, still no idea what you try to say here. anyone else?

well kinda, tricky say simple
number in the end just a slice number