I was just investigating what was causing a significant performance impact of a readback, that I didn’t expect regardless of a ReadBack’s nature.
So I compared it to the Pipet CS (~ ReadBack around 400 ticks), while mine was at 8000.
Same stride for the Backbuffer … I event pasted the Pipet code over into my shader and it stayed high.
Eventually I discovered it changed once I swapped out my input buffers for a simple DynamicBuffer.
Once I connect one of the other buffers back to my shader the performance drops, even though the executing code doesn’t even access that buffer.
And it’s not one of these cases where the tick number just pops up on a different node, because I can see the performance drop …