Pure image treatment question: wich evolution for vvvv?

@unc: i love really this idea of texture generators. Thats a real good idea. could a generator be based on expr input ? About drawing tools, would that be as versatile as a patch with writer node ?

I have also another suggestion, dont know if its possible:
actually effects are done on all a texture.
would that be possible for blurs, noise, sharpen ect… to be performed on a specified aera by a second texture input ( black/white/grey showing the intensity of the effect)?
this texture maybe a dynamic one and be submitted to animations.
know this is a far more evoluated shader,maybe this can be think appart than the “little” shaders.
OR to be spreaded x_y point with aera, and type of aera ( circular, rectangle).

About catweasel’s chromakey and lumakey: they are nice especially lumakey that could be the base of dark_enhancement shader: it just needs to output a collateral blured smoothed black around its aera of black.

There is also this idea of ChromaKey leading to incrustations, wich is for the moment only present in legacy website on BlueBox shader. A high threshold, a low threshold, and a blur would be really nice.

About levels, is it possible to think to it in curves handling ? but maybe this is going out the topic of little little shaders.

@joreg: so if i well understood there will be in next version of vvvv a transparency of the background from a renderer EX9, such as PNG ofr the DX9 texture conversion ? if yes, waow it is REALLY great !!!
@joreg2: from shaders and patch sended i put my desktop on beta25.1, i was before on 23 and i didn’t see that contributors name were listed in front of node list: its really great, and i was something like 1 year late in my understanding of vvvv evolution.

ColorKeying.fx (3.0 kB)
opencv erod and blur by franck (3.1 kB)

@VS=null: right seems only to work with PS2.0, but as soon as you use PS3.0 it also needs a VS3.0 (tested on: quadro FX 880M). so lets do it that way:

• PS2 without VS
  • PS3 with minimal VS

@unc: texture generators: definitely. their suggested spec:

• naming: Name (EX9.Texture FX Source)
  • ResolutionXY 2D Vector input to specifiy texture size
  • Format enum to specify texture format
  • various: string, value, color, enum pins
  • Enabled if Enable=0 they should probably return a completely transparent texture?!
  • Texture Out
    anything missing/too much?

ah and how about an extra category:
Name (EX9.Texture FX Mixer)
for such modules that take 2 textures and do some mixing, like:

• Blend (EX9.Texture FX Mixer) (simple A<>B blend)
  • Mask (EX9.Texture FX Mixer) (combine A and B via 3rd mask texture)
  • whatmore?

and:
Name (EX9.Texture FX Renderer)
modules that take a texture (spread) and have a Renderer for output. such a module could implement some default multiscreen scenarios…

@karistouf: concerning transparency/renderer no changes in vvvv (anything missing regarding that? not sure what you mean.) only changed it for all the texture-fx modules we’re working on here.

@25.1 update: zzzz

if i got it right - yes, this is possible, it is easy to do, and it will be quite useful=)
i had that idea long time ago…
Now we can actually add texture-map/mask for any parameter, and it will be also working nicely when no texture is connected - then parameter will be uniform along all the surface. We can also haz multiple masks (for each parameter - but better only for those where it makes sense - adding a lot of input pins aint good)

@karistouf, transparency is allready available, just make sure that the renderers background alpha is set to 0 AND the dx9texture node is set to a textureformat with alpha… for some reason its not set in some of this texture tool modules.

@karistouf: ROI (Region of Interest) set by second (texture) input would be usefull

but wouldn’t the
Mask (EX9.Texture FX Mixer)
as suggested above sort for all the ROI effects? instead of bloating every parameter of every module with a ROI feature? at least for the start a lot of effects could be realized like that until identify some modules where a ROI addition makes extra sense. just to keep it simple for a start?

@joreg
Yep that seems fine
EX9.Texture FX Source
EX9.Texture FX Filter
EX9.Texture FX Converter (to change resolution, texture type, screw around with channels - like rgb2hsv and back, alpha to r(gb) and back, etc…)
EX9.Texture FX Mixer
etc =)

heres a module to split red, green, blue, alpha to separate channels.

concerning rgb /hsv conversion spaces i found this which looks quite usefull:

SplitRGBA.zip (3.5 kB)

why not staying on a mask shader daisy chained, keeping structure as simple and powerfull as possible ?

@elektromeyer: many many many thanks !!! ok got it… i was fighting with the renderer, never thought to inspekt DX9 texture and use the coded structure.
//edit : ah yeah!!! that it ! Maybe a B W Grey would be also interresting !

@joreg:

crop ? or the mask is sayed to be the same tool ?

@elektromeyer: is it possible to have a threhsold per RGB and obtain a texture with alpha channel, giving something like this at the end:

@karistouf, dont get it. you talk about some kind of a keyer? from what you want to start to get this result?

hi elektomeyer, yes,
i think that the RGB splitter would be nice with a threshold per channel, and an alpha inside each texture out. The Red texture would be red and alpha, the green green and alpha etc…
like this we could split a video in or a filestream in 3 RGB with alpha, treat them with other fx ( blurs, effects etc) and mix them back in one result…
The threhsold would set the what is transparent.

what do you think about it ?

mh but what would be the alpha for each channel? the intensity of each channell itself or the original aplha channel applied to each color channel?

maybe its better to do that in a separate masking module and let this module just split out the channels… to keep it modular.
dunno…

some fixed, all renamed,
some new ones added. Removed “compile” output pin
ColorMap now can take second texture on input to use it as color ramp

try this :
perlin or any texture
|
fastblur
||
displace

=)

TextureFX_unc_2.0.zip (27.4 kB)

hi elektromeyer. I think i have in fact no idea about wich technique it should be. Alpha from saturation or value is also something very interresting and that may become a special fx on its own.

The idea would be to be able to split in 3 textures in transparence a same texture, and then by end, after treatment with shaders , to recompose the image by blending somehow the 3 layers.

In my mind, but surely i may be wrong about concepts:
-split in 3 alphaed layers
-threshold on sat or value to what is not alpha
-the alpha is plainly transparent
-a blur adjustment for borders

unc, what is your opinion on that one ?

@karistouf
I’m not sure I understand what exactly you mean… Anyway, I havent gotten into alpha/keying filters yet, so dont have anything to say about it for now

ouright this pack includes uncs latest and eles. figured to go with this naming for now:

• EX9.Texture FX Source
  • EX9.Texture FX Filter (includes converters…)
  • EX9.Texture FX Join (was mixer, ie. all modules that combine multiple textures)
  • EX9.Texture FX Split (like eles RGBA, now where is the reverse of that ele?)

patch on!

TextureFX_03.zip (44.5 kB)

damned… i will commit suicide. here is what i m trying to say ( sob )

more seriously, its a wonderfull perlin with its octave you have created.
When i just thing to fastblur or to this perlin, its enough to make beautifull things !

What is mm parameter in perlin?

very basic shader for very basic skills.

NB threshold (EX9.Texture FX).zip (2.8 kB)