What do you want to learn in this workshop?
Profiling patches using well known external tools such as dotTrace or dotMemory.
- What are the tools we can use to profile our patches
- When to use which, how they differ
- Patching something super stupid simple (an addition in a
ForEachloop for instance) and see how that “translates” in a profiling tool
- Finding weak/expensive spots in our patches, finding leaks
- Comparing memory snapshots
- How to avoid pressure on the garbage collector
- How to inspect garbage collections (L1/L2) and find their origin
- Proper memory management (e.g. when using images: allocating/disposing and understanding who is responsible)
Would it make sense to also discuss debugging (using VS) ?
What techniques, ideas, concepts are you expecting to be covered?
Using dotTrace, dotMemory or any other similar tool to debug/inspect/profile .NET apps
Do you have an idea who you want this workshop to be hosted by?*
Probably @Elias :)