Problems interpreting serial data from esp32 . (SOLVED, usefull for people using micropython on MCU's!

@NoseBleedIndustries if all you need is reading/writing values from/to an arduino, the simplest is using firmata. you upload this once to the Arduino and then simply use the nodes in the VL.IO.Firmata pack that is shipping with vvvv.

I use libraries and shields in arduino, using max as a middleman, works great to me. Thnks.

@andresc4
Tnx for sharing the VL patch. A contribution would be wonderful.
But still no luck with the ESP32 build. When i delete the #define UDP port line in myWifi i get this:

Do you have a newer version of the code i could try?

Please check this

I will clean up the other code, but this one should work, it is just a warning, or you are not able to compile?

Hi @NoseBleedIndustries,

you are saying that:

In Max Msp is super simple to send multiple messages, with multiple formats, it happens the same to recieving.

and you are talking about the arduivis plugin, right? May I ask you to elaborate a bit about the thing with multiple formats? It looks like arduivis generates the patch/code only for integers, at least in this example. How does it work for you if you want to send a mix of integers and floats?

Am I right, that the generated code shown at the end of the video is missing Serial.print(" ") after every value sent over (excluding the last one, because of the println)?

Thank you!

Best,
Anton

I’m sending all kind of data , in arduino you just change parseInt to parseFloat or whatever.

It’s an excellent way to work with Arduino and I hope the Gamma team implements a easier and artist friendly way to work with microcontrollers.

MaxMsp it’s so esy and eficcient, but I want to do it in Gamma, because it’s for me, the most enjoyable creative programming framework so far (I tried all),

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.