PointEditor Binsizing

PointEditor Nodes:
-2D Is there any trick to adding points via mouse to a particular bin?
-3D Same same, however seems to not have a binsize output either

I might be missing something, but being able to work with multiple bins properly would make these nodes much more powerful.

I guess this is DIY functionality then? It seems a pity- get the impression a lot of time & love has gone in to the new editor modules, but they are quite hobbled by this imho. Drawing one line at a time does not seem like the way of the future ;)

1 Like

hei everyone, sorry for late…

if i understand you correctly, the workaround for now is to spread the “Enabled” input. this way you can enable only the one slice/bin that you want to add points to. and create your own logic how you switch btw. those, think PeakSpread…

same for 2d and 3d but it seems indeed that for the 3d we forgot to expose the binsize output from the module. if you look inside you’ll see it is there. thanks for pointing that out!

obviously this can be improved, but you gotta start somewhere…

Thanks for answering Joreg.

So as I understand it, I would need in that case to spread the filename, save and load pins as well. Might be nice to think about serializing the whole thing in one shot? If I’m editing paths for example it seems quite strange to save/load a separate file for each individual one.

Spread the enabled! What heresy is this!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.