I want to play back a big texture (5760 x 2160) spreaded on 6 screens via the Ati HD 7850 Eyefinity 6 using the ATI catalyst software to combine the 6 screens to one big desktop.
I am using the Player EX9.texture Node with DDS DXT1 textures on one big renderer.
When I started the system, everything went surprisingly well: played back in 60 FPS.
After ca. ½ an hour, the framerate dropped suddenly to ca 20 FPS.
So I thought something was full, maybe the RAM or the GPU RAM.
I closed vvvv and restarted the computer. But then it didn’t work any better → Framerate @ ~20 fps. I never got back on 60 fps again.
Just to check if i fucked up the hardware I tried the whole thing again on a different computer, with the exact same technical specs. Exactly the same: First ½ hour works like a charm, after that it runs only 20fps.
- When @20 fps the “Loaded” Pin of the Player Node shows “0”. → Are the dds files too slow transferred from HDD to RAM?
- In the Resources Monitor the standby ram is filling up really fast, when i start vvvv. → Is this a problem?
- GPU-Z shows that only 400 MB of the 2GB GPU-RAM are used.
- the tty renderer shows: “00:00:03 * : can’t draw whole geometry at once: * preprocessing vertices of any kind of billboards or onesided particles is not yet supported. World is camera dependent.switching to slicewise rendering.” → has this something to do with the problem?
- EDIT: PerfMeter says the Problem is: CPU / preparegraph
Does anyone have an idea what could help?
Did anyone have a similar scenario?
Revo Drive HDD
ATI Radeon HD 7850 Eyefinity 6 (http://shop.jacob-computer.de/club-3d-radeon-hd-7850-eyefinity-6-cgax-7856m6-artnr-2026321.html?gclid=CP_7scnL-78CFbDKtAod-00A8g)
vvvv 32.1 64bit