Player DX11 (or EX9): How does it work?

Hi to everyone. Maybe in a stupid question, but i cannot find a guide/example for the image sequence player (Player DX11).
I’ve got problems with the EX9 render, so i can’t use the girpower ex9 video example.

Can someone please explain how can i play an image sequence? how do i set the frame rate? how to scoll through frames? Play, Stop, Pause function.
Thanks a lot!

can you elaborate on those?

I tried deleting and re-installing vvvv. I also tried deleting all the .net and framework installation, but the EX9 Render doesn’t appear in the project when i use it. It is available in the nodes list, but it doesn’t work when i use it.

So… maybe it’s easier to learn the Player patch and use a DX11 workflow.

so you’re saying

• DX11 renderer works for you but not DX9 renderer?
  • when you run setup.exe you have all green lights?
  • what operating system?
  • what graphic card?
  • latest driver for graphic card?

Yes, DX11 render works.
Yes, setup shows all green lights.
Win 7 pro 64 bit
AMD Radeon HD 7900
Amd Driver 17.4.4 (i think is the latest)

and if you open a Renderer (TTY) first and then try to create a Renderer (EX9)…what do you get in the tty?

00:00:18  *  : didn't create node; [0.v4p ////, without name (ID: 2)]: ''(nil)'' is not a valid integer value
00:00:18  -  : To help us track this error down, enable the ExceptionDialog via the menu or starting vvvv with /showexceptions.
00:00:18  *  : couldn't find/create node without name (ID: 2) in patch 0.v4p ////. deleting action.

hm…and it is the same with b35.5 and b35.2 and b35 and b34.2?

@massimiliano_c can you please check if the DX9 version works in any of these versions:

• b35.5
  • b35.2
  • b35
  • b34.2
    this will help us identify and fix the problem.

@massimiliano_c any chance to get more feedback on this?

Hi. Sorry for the wait.
I’ve just solved the EX9 problem unistalling and re-installing Visual Studio Community 2015 and the other framework dependencies.

I’ll try with the Player EX9 tutorial and then move to the DX11.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.