Phantom Crasher in compiled version app

Hi all,

I have a different error to one Cat mentioned previously, but it only shows up when I run the app from a startup.bat, and when my watchdog reloads the app it runs perfectly.

The error:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
   at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Kill()
   at _FotoBoothApp_.PhoneScreenReading.ScrCpy_KeNmAf778aSNHolbaCVCh1.Dispose_()
   at _FotoBoothApp_.PhoneScreenReading.ScrCpy_KeNmAf778aSNHolbaCVCh1.System.IDisposable.Dispose()
   at VL.Core.CompilationHelper.SafeDispose(Object obj)
   at _FotoBoothApp_.AppTop_AIaNxigtZodNn2fEaMkZmM.Dispose()
   at _FotoBoothApp_.AppTop_AIaNxigtZodNn2fEaMkZmM.System.IDisposable.Dispose()
   at _FotoBoothApp_.FotoBoothAppApplication_DwWYnGD1shTMuwVt0Mv7UB.If_1.System.IDisposable.Dispose()
   at _FotoBoothApp_.FotoBoothAppApplication_DwWYnGD1shTMuwVt0Mv7UB.System.IDisposable.Dispose()
   at VL.App.AppHost.<RunCore>d__6.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at VL.App.WindowsForms.WindowsFormsAppHost.<Application_Idle>d__2.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

In the patch, there is a process I try to run called Scrcpy, but if Scrcpy is running, the dispose kills the process on closing, but I’m wondering if the stacktrace is telling me in

at _FotoBoothApp_.PhoneScreenReading.ScrCpy_KeNmAf778aSNHolbaCVCh1.Dispose_()

that the dispose is being called at the moment I launch. It shouldn’t be of course.

I’m currently using Preview 0243
Happy to share more info as needed

H

that is user rights issue. the entry process that starts the app determines the rights, so whatever starts the app, needs the proper user/access rights to perform all tasks the started app will do.

Thanks @tonfilm,

Yes furter reading around the internet suggests that I change the “application manifest”
https://www.codeproject.com/questions/811577/acess-denied-on-system-diagnostics-process-getproc
Or maybe in my case make sure the bat file has admin level rights.
So does it mean the app is closed by the OS and the dispose is called because of this closing?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.