Patching video problem

is it strange that i can have a live video stream but not a file stream?

ah! i have an AVI streaming… but nothing else, so far.

ok. if .avi works now. what else are you looking for?

.mov requires quicktime alternative see Links site.

oh, i thought when i read “vvvv should play all files that my favorite player can”, that it was all ready to do so… thanks.

what do you mean it required alternative?

joreg meant “quicktime alternative”, not the original quicktime player. you will love it!

oh ok… i assume you mean ‘media player classic’, which i download and found to be a *.7z file… what on earth is that?

and how is this player going to help me stream *.mov files in vvvv? does it work within the program?

you guys are boggling me.

7z is a proprietary extension to the zip format introduced by the 7-zip stuffer tool. There are other installers of media player classic that come as an executable or as ordinary zip…

AFAIK you don’t technically need it when you have quicktime installed, but if joreg says so then I’d make a note in the FAQ AV and in the HowTo DShow Rendering.
Joreg, is it so that MPC provides the DirectShow wrapper for quicktime or what?

You need to install “quicktime alternative” what can be downloaded from http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm.

After installing this you can play *.mov files in VVVV.

It is not the MediaPlayerClassic that does the trick (although MediaPlayerClassic comes with quicktime alternative).

Markus

oh i see now… thanks boys. you’re super helpful