Opening a project with a bat file throws EGL exception

bonjour,

this is with 2021.4.8-929.
if you open a VL document with this gamma version via a bat file, this exception is thrown :

System.Exception: Failed to create EGL surface
   at VL.Skia.Egl.EglContext.CreatePlatformWindowSurface(IntPtr nativeWindow)
   at VL.Skia.SkiaGLControl.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

full error is visible here.

in the same bat file, if you target 2021.4.7, the patch opens normally.

so, repro steps :

• download the attached zip, it contains a VL document and two bat files that launch it with stable and preview
  • start the preview one, get the exception
  • start the stable one, alles gut

bat_file_bug_repro.zip (2.3 KB)

bonus question: super weird thing is that if you take the same patch and drop it on gammalauncher with the latest preview selected, it opens just fine. i thought under the hood it would be the same thing as starting it with a bat file, but looks like it’s not the case. could anyone shed some light on this?

thanks in advance!

Without having tested it, could it be a problem of setting the right working directory?

Ok weired, for me both bat files work just fine, but issue for sure was the removal of two binary files. Will move them back in, in the meantime you can copy libEGL.dll and libGLESv2.dll from the 2021.4.7/lib/x64 over to the preview version you’re using.

Thanks!

We saw this occurring again on 929 when double-clicking a file from the explorer. Opening the same file from an already-open gamma instance did not cause the issue. So it’s not “bat” related.

We’ll move to 931 now!

Is it ok now in 931?

Don’t have access to the full setup to test that, will let you know once I hear about that again.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.