VVVV+MapTools course : Introduction to the tools of Projection Mapping
Dates : Oct 8-9th
Venue : MadLab, Manchester
VVVV is powerful toolkit of media technologies, boasting a glut of built in functionality, tools and examples. You can safely presume that you can get it to interface with almost anything you want, it can generate almost anything you want. There aren’t any other media toolkits that can perform so much ‘out of the box’, having you projecting kinect tracked video onto buildings or controlling robot arms from twitter in days rather than weeks. The true power of the tool lies within the elegance within which it makes its features available. In the opinion of this author, it can usurp all other platforms in terms of development speed, power and flexibility.
VVVV has been used for:
▪ Long term installations (>3 years runtime)
▪ Quick installations (<10mins to develop) Vast installations (>50 projectors)
▪ Deployed installations (>50 units)
▪ TV shows (The X Factor)
▪ Hosting websites
▪ Making my mobile phone ring when the postman arrives if I’m at the cafe downstairs (1 hour development)
▪ Almost anything
You will learn:
▪ A hands on ‘by the seat of your pants’ tour of VVVV’s features and how to get started with each bit. Create a mental map of the VVVV landscape through experience, so every bit of new learning can be hooked onto an explained element of the system.
▪ Be able to work with VVVV and a projector
▪ Be able to map content from inside your computer onto real world objects using a projector
▪ Understanding of VVVV fundamentals
Find out more here >
Take a look at a beautiful example here
This is from the Omniversity of Manchester, an innovative programme of cutting edge courses for professionals within the digital and technology sector.
Our low overheads mean we’ve been able to offer extremely affordable courses - we price them as much to appeal to freelancers as to corporate clients, and the intensive nature of the delivery means they are structured to minimally impact your business by running outside the usual workday whenever possible. Our tutors are high profile professionals, teaching what they practise, and we encourage peer to peer learning too with our private social network just for those on the course and the tutors, so you can continue the learning process way after the course.
We also have many other courses - please take a look at our website here http://omniversity.madlab.org.uk/!