NVIDIA 3D VISION Active Glasses

Hello Guys,

I,m struggling to get the NVIDIA 3D VISION to work with DX11.

Anyone ever tested with DX11 ?

With DX9 works out of the box in most computers but somehow there is something probably in the DX1 pipeline not toggling the Nvidia 3d i presume.

I,m running out of ideas, any hints or things i could try?

Apparently some people had issue but was resolved only by doing full screen https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2416158628

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product-geforce-3d-vision2-wireless-glasses-kit-us.html

Thanks in advance.

cheers

I’m sort of in the same boat and have fortunately not splashed out on a 3D vision setup. right now it seems like the way forward for us is to use a 2016 TV and do side by side stereo.
The reason we can’t use the nvidia 3D vision is that it seems difficult/impossible to address left or right separately, we would like to mess with peoples heads, so we want to be able to have complete control over what each eye sees.
if someone have experience on how to achieve that with 3D vision, I am all ears (or eyes)

Hi Sunep,

If you make a teapot a renderer a camera , fullscreen… in dx9. nvidia knows it is a directx window and toggle to 3d like general tvs will do with side by side active. So NVIDIA does internally this.

Nvidia 3d vision have a toggle control+t to enable disable the 3d stereoscopic , i only tried this shortcut with the nvidia example and works.

also the cable is important , tried some hdmi and did not show the 3d nvidia in the ndvia setting , put another display port and then it did.

The monitor needs to run at 120 herts and not all monitors work. I tried with my workstation screen which is 120 and it did not work then connect a asus 3d vision at 120 and works . you also need to set the screen you need for 3d vision as primary screen.

cheers

You need to have nvidia pyramid connected

But I want to show other stuff than just 3D stuff. Eg green checker board for left eye and blue circles for the right eye.
So I want to have complete control myself, not just make a scene that nvidia handle for me

Hi Sunep,

For that, you dont need Nvidia 3D vision, you could use for examples, the patch 3Dvisiontypes in here https://vvvv.org/contribution/dx11-modules-and-shaders-addition-ii

You can use Anaglyph and sidebysides for active glasses tvs, projectors…

With Nvidia 3D vision you have a scroll button in the pyramid that behaves like the parallax too.

Hi, i did further testing.

Just by opening a simple patch like that the Nvidia 3d vison gets activated and the dx9 renderers get working even in non fullscreeen and also multiple renderers at same which is cool.

The dx11 renderer seems not to react to that.

maybe dx11 Gurus and devs know what is the diferent in the Pipeline regarding to this , maybe some semantic or something to add in dx11 so nvidia knows that the renderer is there for 3d too.

it seems some People from the gamming have some Troubles about and did even some Tools to fix but just for the games it seems but maybe tricks in it Helix Mod: 3D Fix Manager

hope you have some ideas ;D

thank you.

tester_StereoscopicDX11.v4p (19.8 KB)

Hi, some more progress and findings.

Basicly Nvidia have a profile list of how the card should behave depending of which games or app.

To start your new profile,or copy from other profiles or assigns some .exe to behave like existing profiles.

Those are the 2 tools to use :

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2625/~/after-updating-my-display-driver%2C-i-no-longer-see-nvapps.xml.-did-something

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts

also this post related help to learn how to use previous tools and tweak :

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/791450/3d-vision/guide-3d-vision-fixes-by-helixmod-amp-how-to-add-compatibility-mode-to-dx11-games/

In the computers that dx9 was not reacting to me either , I created a profile like this and the Nvidia was reacting and converting the renderer in shutter mode properly.

Profile “vvvv”
ShowOn GeForce
ProfileType Application
Executable “vvvv.exe” UserSpecified=true
Setting ID_0x005f5a32 = 0x00000003
Setting ID_0x00846411 = 0x00000001
Setting ID_0x00854cab = 0x00000028
Setting ID_0x00a06946 = 0x080116f5
Setting ID_0x00a06946 = 0x000011f1 UserSpecified=true
Setting ID_0x00f713bc = 0x00000340
Setting ID_0x10115c8b = 0x0000003c
Setting ID_0x1033cec2 = 0x00000002
Setting ID_0x1033dcd3 = 0x00000004
Setting ID_0x1034cb89 = 0x00000000
Setting ID_0x10ecdb82 = 0x00000005
Setting ID_0x11aa9e99 = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
Setting ID_0x204d9a0c = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
Setting ID_0x701eb457 = 0x2241ab21 InternalSettingFlag=V0
Setting ID_0x702442fc = 0x00004000 UserSpecified=true
Setting ID_0x709a1ddf = 0x4b1cd968 InternalSettingFlag=V0
Setting ID_0x709adada = 0x37f58547 InternalSettingFlag=V0
Setting ID_0x709adadb = 0xcbdce5e3 InternalSettingFlag=V0
Setting ID_0x70edb381 = 0x24208b6c InternalSettingFlag=V0
Setting ID_0x70edb381 = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true InternalSettingFlag=V0
Setting ID_0x80857a28 = 0x00000001
EndProfile

I add this in the NVIDIA Profiles.txt and load via Geforce 3D Profile Manager.exe or you can by using the nvidiaProfileInspector.exe and assing vvvv.exe to other profile and duplicate to tweak if you need too.

Even In dx9 window mode in works as long as you enable some depth via the inspektor in the renderer dx9 then it works and react to nvidia shutter.

In DX11 it does not react with normal renderer but i found that it does with DX11 renderer Forms when in fullscreen, it enables the shutter 3d mode from nvidia. Unfortunatly forms is 2d right ? as i can only put the contant via renderer temp to a quad so i loose all depth info that nvidia takes to do the shutter 3d mode.

Is there a way to pass this fullscreen flag same as renderer forms to normal dx11 renderer so nvidia knows and react to it somehow ?

do you have any hints suggestions about how to solve that ?

thanks.

Hi,

I could finally make it work in dx11 via the creating a vvvv profile explained in last reply and with the fantastic experimental update of @vux of the renderer forms accepting depth and camera data which enables 3dvision in fullscreen with depth.

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/mrvux/dx11-vvvv/build/artifacts

DX9 still does not behave like the dx11 approach, specially the convergence (the threshold value that tells where the screen z should start and therefore show objects off the screen or very deep in it) is quite different.

There are some short cuts in nvidia setting to adapt it in realtime in dx9 is quite effective, in dx11 you can see smaller changes ,

!

also there are other parameters in profile about convergence …that could help for it hopefully.

apart from that already works and looks cool and hope with more tweaking have stereoscopic full freedom coolness with it. ;D

I attached module plus dll hope it helpful for other adventures.

RendererForms_Depth.zip (26.9 KB)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.