Multitouch with UI element overlay

Hello,

if Elementa isn’t multi touch ready yet then what is the way to go with Gamma/Stride ?
Any tricks for managing UIElement overlay ?

Thanks

Maybe try to wrap Notui. Thought about doing it myself once but ended up using simple hittesting since the GUI wasn’t that complex.

I did some promising prototype will try to make a git with it tomorrow

3 Likes

Hi, thanks for the answers. I think using Notui in my case is a little too much, as I won’t need many kind of controls or functionality.

So I worked this out :
MULTITOUCH_BUTTONS.vl (239.8 KB)

What I needed is a simple hierarchy for parent/child transformation. Also dynamic pin for input to easily add more childs to a control and I have an interface IControl so I can potentially extend a little.

Far from perfect and need some polish but if you have any advice let me know. I’m curious how I could make this even tighter.

1 Like

Hi this one does buttons but no sliders yet

VL.ANT.UI.vl (184.0 KB)
uitester2.vl (22.1 KB)

Also it takes in to account order of in witch everything is connected…

3 Likes

Nice stuff, it is indeed a good idea to separate logic and display as you did. Elementa is doing this with the Drawable, which is very convenient.

But for the patching I would try to avoid using FrameDelay and Monoflop because it would be easy to fall into some circular framedelay madness like in beta before.

I’m leaning toward this now :
MultiTouch_Buttons.vl (413.9 KB)

I added Group and Group(Spectral) as well as Bang, Toggle and Press for buttons. Also I’m thinking about storing a reference to the TouchPoint inside the control as well which could be useful in some scenario.

1 Like

Hi, yea true, i think it is used to block other inputs while you hovering, don’t think i had time to fix it… But that’s only a prototype…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.