Multiple lights

Hello all,

could be possible to implement the light pin spreadble? i think is need to rewrite the shader like the phongpoint one in order to accepts more light points, isn’it?

like as i want my box have 2 different lights on it, it’s impossible now, right? any workaround possible, any specific case where is possible right now?

thanks
e1n

elo e1n,

it is not that easy as you may think it is, as shaders have some limitations.

i’ve posted a sample using multiple pointlights on my @joreg

Hi joreg!

i’m explore it just now.

wow that seem very interesting! thanks a lot but…

i’m trying it and i can’t visualize any object in that set of radial spinning lights … sure it’s my fault but i can’t see any mesh i try to connect to your phongmultipoint and i don’t understand why.

i think this coul open a lot of new research for me!

thanks
e1n

i’ve eliminated all things, i’ve only a box the multiphong and a render,
really i can’t understand how to use it, it doesn’t seems to light anythings for me.

It’s different from other lights? how to use it?

we are yet missing a good introduction into working with effects/shaders. but the multiphong is probably not a good start for you.

there is an introduction into the Effects Framework which yet misses the important pieces…working on that…

the beginners shader workshop at node08 would be the right place for you to be.

yeah u are right i must start to study shader, infact i’m on your workshop on shader for the first day!
but multiphong node can function only with hacking inside it’s code? i don’t understand…can i enable it without coding inside it?

*i’m on your workshop on shader
verygood.

*but multiphong node can function only with hacking inside it’s code?
doesn’t the sample patch in the .zip file work for you? tweaking inside the code is only necessary if you want to change the number of lights. now set to 6:
#define LightCount 6
changing lightcount in the effect would also need some changes in the patch though…

the effekt needs shadermodel 3.0 for the 6 lights. probably your graphiccard just can’t do it? what card do you have?

the effekt needs shadermodel 3.0 for the 6 lights. probably your graphiccard just can’t do it? what card do you have?

aah, that explains it! i already wanted to post because it doesn’t work on my machine… ;-)

aaa also for me, i’ve here a ATI x1300, but is just arrive a 8800 GT for the new machine i’m assembling, so now i’ve to try it immediately!

tweaking inside the code is only necessary if you want to change the number of lights. now set to 6:

• define LightCount 6
    changing lightcount in the effect would also need some changes in the patch though…

so max number is 6 lights, or only 6 light and not 3-4-5 ?

another things about lights in vvvv, as i could understand from phongpoint help, if i want to light up two meshes with the same light rig i have to create n fx light as the number of meshes i have, right?
this structure is not limiting as soon as the number of object start to increase?

@joreg: could u cut some time during node? i’ve some ideas about shaders i’d love to see somedays and i want to talk with someone that can point me in the right direction.

• if i want to light up two meshes with the same light rig i have to create n fx light as n meshes i have, right?
    the other option is to have several meshes in one xfile.

• i’ve some ideas about shader i’d love to see somedays and i want to talk with someone that can point me in the right direction.
    since meeting and sharing thoughts is the basic idea of node08 and there’ll be plenty people around with shader knowledge your ideas are likely to be heard…