Midi synced video

hey guys. is it possible to create a patch in vvvv (simple video playback) and sync it to the transport controls of an audio host?

sadly, there aren’t any stable video vst plugins (on the PC) that allow you to score to picture with your DAW. FL Studio has a native video player, but FL doesn’t allow surround audio mixing.

What i’d like to do is use Podium as my DAW, as it allows for surround mixing. I’d like to create a simple patch in vvvv that could playback video in sync with the surround audio mix in Podium.

my only other option on PC would be to buy Nuendo or Samplitude Pro but they are both crazy expensive. for that price i might as well take the plunge to MAC and Logic.

any pointers on how to get this to work? maybe someone has a similar patch?

thanks a lot everyone!

i made this a few weeks ago
probably it will help you

you will need to find a patch to load the “timesync” and map it to the legh of the video from 0 to 1

i hope this help you a little

Andres.

VideoPlayback.zip.zip (796.4 kB)

hey guys. is it possible to create a patch in vvvv (simple video playback) and sync it to the transport controls of an audio host?

sadly, there aren’t any stable video vst plugins (on the PC) that allow you to score to picture with your DAW. FL Studio has a native video player, but FL doesn’t allow surround audio mixing.

What i’d like to do is use Podium as my DAW, as it allows for surround mixing. I’d like to create a simple patch in vvvv that could playback video in sync with the surround audio mix in Podium.

my only other option on PC would be to buy Nuendo or Samplitude Pro but they are both crazy expensive. for that price i might as well take the plunge to MAC and Logic.

any pointers on how to get this to work? maybe someone has a similar patch?

thanks a lot everyone!

fantastic, thanks. i’ll try it out and let you know how i get on. thanks again.