Marching rays amongst shit jokes

One Sentence: Whats happening in your workshop?
Me and prince Mio marching our pet rays in an environment full of shit jokes.
(we be modelling and rendering raymarching distance fields in real-time using vvvv and HLSL shader code)

What 3 tags describe your workshop?
raymarching, mullet, hair

In which of the three categories does your workshop fall: beginner, intermediate, advanced
Falling is for beasts with hoofs, we be flying with rays through the oceans, bro.
No but really it’s for advanced or intermediate.

How long will your workshop be?
(Standard formats are 3h or 2x 3h, but other formats may be possible)
1 day learning how to swim drunk with Pedro and 1 week in the fish tank with the rays
(not really, should be 3 hours or more if you want, I can talk for weeks)

Who is the target audience of your workshop?
Anyone who isn’t afraid of sharks or seeing Pedro wearing a bikini.

What knowledge do you presume your participants have?
How to comb your hair with flair and style
Some shader knowledge would be good but not compulsory

What will attendees of your workshop learn?

1. How to render and model distance fields ray marching, which means creating very flexible geometries based on math equations rather than polygones while retaining all your customer based interaction protocols and maximizing your revenues (sorry i went business mode at the end)
  2. How to texture said geometries with more pixel shading, uv mapping, material index, or your nan’s holyday pics…
  3. How to composite raymarched geometries with normal polygonal geometries using depth
  4. How to look cool while Pedro points at you from the stands and asks you to Tango.

What technical requirements does your workshop have (apart from internet and a projector)?
A bottle of “THE KRAKEN” dark rum is compulsory as an offering to the raymarching gods (more likely Pedro will drink it) also bring your sense of humour.

Who would be the two hosts?
evvvvil aka Mangosh Prunier and princemio aka Christian Mio Loclair.
(Pedro and his band of wrestling midgets will mime Shakespear’s Macbeth at the interval with gusto and real knives!)

How would the hosts qualify for the topic? (Describe and add links to portfolio website, github, vimeo,… accounts)
I would assume that Pedro’s knowledge in boating and anti-social behavior would be enough to qualify guys, come on.

(specifically on raymarching: Live generative visuals + live electronic music on Vimeo , Hypernoise Twirling Cave VR on Vimeo , Audio-responsive procedural VR application on Vimeo )

19 Likes