Load DynamicTexture (DX11.Texture2D) from HTTPGet (Network)?

I am trying to fetch some pictures from the unsplash API. I know this is possible on DX9 with HTTPGet (Network) + DynamicTexture (EX9.Texture Raw) but I couldn’t make it work on DX11.

Thanks!

as long as there is no such node for dx11 to take the raw bytes of an image and turn them into a texture, you should be able to workaround like this:

• use DynamicTexture (EX9.Texture Raw) to convert the image-bytes into a dx9 texture
  • then use AsRaw (EX9.Texture) with its “File Format” input set to ‘Raw’ to get raw bytes in non-imageformat-specific order
  • then use AsTexture (DX11.Texture 2d Raw) to get those bytes interpreted as dx11 texture. see its helppatch.

Thanks Joreg, I tried to implement your answer but it seems not to be working for me… maybe because of the image size or the texture format?

dynamicTextures.v4p (13.1 KB)

indeed there seem to be some problems, both with the AsRaw (EX9.Texture) node and the AsTexture (DX11.Texture 2d Raw) node…

alternatively: have you tried using one of the HTMLTexture nodes to simply fetch the image? note: using latest alphas you now get dx11 html texture out of the box: https://vvvv.org/blog/htmltexture-now-for-dx11-and-more

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.