Is Jitter more stable?

@poof Then again post the patch to have an explanation of what you’ve done. Don’t be shy!

Here, i was just messing with the sphere size during it. I still cant understand where the green and purple come from.

Im thinking of putting that video in my reel, do you want me to credit you as h99 or something else?

@poof It would be nice from you, h99 will be good.

You’ll probably have to substitute audioanalysis node as I have some problems with my audio drivers, so I had to modify the node to get it working on my system.

Hope it clarifies some things.

Ciao

EDIT: hey poof, what you say, can we consider this thread closed? Do not want to kill the debate, no, but probably we got what we were searching for, no?

wobbly.zip (5.5 kB)

No problem, thanks again.

It seems that this thread is mostly fixed, but here my two cents:
In spite of first impressions jitter and vvvv have an extremely different architecture, thus saying stable vs unstable is a little bit misleading.
Some small remarks:
shaders
jitter uses a wrapper for its glsl and cg shaders, jxl The wrapper can be seriously a pain in the a*. In the new version 6 there is a new object called gen that is used to create dynamic shaders using a visual paradigm. As it supports Cg you can port some HLSL resources.
*vvvv has an amazing shader compiler. And shaders are everywhere using HLSL (which i find far much explicit than the counter part GLSL). Here i think vvvv is far more powerful.
plug ins
*jitter has a java extension. You can bridge all kind of libraries, including processing (meaning that you will need turn everything into matrices, the way jitter logic works). It supports two scripting languages: Lua and javascript and a very old fashioned c template.
*vvvv has the dynamic plugins in c# and very friendly pre made templates. I am wondering if it is possible to port processing libraries (c# is microsoft java anyway). Very nice contributions for plug ins and modules.
sound analysis:
*max has an extension called msp which is nice to make audio analysis. There is a lot of controversy if the sound engine is as good as those of superCollider or chuck, but for audio analysis it is good enough. Supports fft and Audio Units, playback files and recording resources. Also it is bridged to Ableton live.
*vvvv has a competent series of devices, but i always feel there is the lack of integration. When working with sound i rather go and use another program outside and hook it with OSC.
and cool:
both programs are very very nice and make prototyping very enjoyable. I think it depends pretty much what you want to do and how you want to do it.

my two humble cents
-emmanuel