Is it possible to frameserve using vvvv?

@poof have you played around with the patches in the girlpower folder inside the vvvv folder?

This thread really highlights how special the vvvv community is

@poof: jitter has a completely different phylosophy, way of working and function than vvvv. honestly i don’t like the way how jitter works i’m more familiar with vvvv’s approach and it looks like you’re more familiar with jitter’s approach that’s good but it’s a matter of taste which is everything but a reason for hate:P
instead combine what you like from vvvv and what you like from jitter. they can work together smoothly

EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG!

I’ve never seen anything posted here and called realtime that I didn’t think was possible in v4.
That’s not to say I know how to do it, but I’ll understand the principles…
If jitter can’t do that, maybe your putting v4 down before you know it.
For gpu accelerated stuff, you have to learn hlsl not how to write plugins, plugins are CPU based.
There is another thread that is about trying to make a graphical editor for shaders ala max, and the debs have said they’re thinking about how to implement such a thing.
Until then look at the gpu particles contributions and texture fx modules and you have a good start for gpu acellerated patches.
And despite only having a single core, it’s not that often it s a problem and as microdee shows there are ways of getting around that issue too.
We’d all love multithreading, and easier shader creation, there on the roadmap, vvvv is still in beta you know ;)

i declare this most bestest thread evaaaaahhhhhh!!1

clearly doesn’t get it

Partitura 001 on Vimeo

Partitura is a custom software built in vvvv.org to generate realtime graphics aimed at visualising sound.

Yeah, right. Show your work or gtfo. Just one of many claiming to do what otherwise would take a renderfarm to do in realtime. Or would any of you like to share something comparable? Let me guess, you don’t have anything like it. I wonder why…

I love how much you are inadvertently bigging up vvvv

This is perfect marketing material

poof, suspend your disbelief for a moment, assume these things people are saying about vvvv are true, tell us what you want to achieve with it, and we will do our best to help you do that.

Surely that’s worth a gamble?

what if poof is just an experiment of someone else, trying to tease the community ;) i can’t believe someone being so pigheaded, not able to listen to well-meant comments.

Hello Poof,

Take up the challenge and do something constructive rather complaining. ONLY.

I should have answered you earlier, karistouf. Well, I know that would be interesting. I hope not to be so facile to someone else eyes. Noob it’s ok, but that… no! It also would be really interesting to me to read something deep about frameserving.

But as u can see I already knew that thread would degenerate in another attack to find the weak point of vvvv and its community.

@poof: i see nothing in that video what cannot be done in real-time. mre-multipass-render-engine is capable to render scenes with this quality. also have you seen newer games nowadays? or the free game engines available today? cryengine 3, udk, unity to mention the 3 major one? they’re capable to render marvelous scenes and they rely on the same rendering technology as vvvv relies on. also if you want to understand common real-time rendering techniques read nvidia’s gpu gems http://developer.nvidia.com/content/gpu-gems-part-i-natural-effects http://developer.nvidia.com/node/17 http://developer.nvidia.com/content/gpu-gems-3.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/19599972.jpg

Hey! Lot of interresting things here.

@h99: yep not so easy ! Helas!

@poof: really its hard when reading you not to enter in poof bashing. You should perhaps write you thing on a note pad and read it after a while before posting. Maybe you will see how much angerfull are your posts. But believing fondamentally that every one has some universal readons when pointing things, i will give you my advice about it.

First the example you are pointing is the result of surely one good full year of work, from two artists that arr strong artist, and have a solid and full experience of vvvv.

Second you should understand that vvvv is so rich in possibilities that it need some time to know what is you way with it.
Personnally i have passed one year trying Some possibilities before understanding my way with it

Third i m not sure that you are understanding vvvv really. It gives you screws, pistons, tubes, tapes to build , vvvv gives you all the pieces necessary to whatever you want to build.
Contributions (patches plugins fx) are given to you to help you not to loose time in rebuilding the wheel every day.
If you are searching for just motor, wheels and fueltank go to other softwares.

Fourth: if you think that some concepts are more easy to handle in jitter or else than vvvv, please give arguments and show us how you use other softwares

Five: vvvv is rich and you cant expect what it will be in two years because more and more users are choosing to enter indide of its developpement team. Its somethibg important to understand that vvvv is not a commercial calibrating tool but a proteiform object moving from its community and creativ coding of its creators and contributors
I posted one year ago a post leading to the creation of actual shaders structure. I m not enought toughtfor this kind of code, but unc was agreeing on it and wrotted with his powerfull skill a set of shaders very elegant , alowwing everybody to finally access to visual treatment they could never have created of their own
Elliot woods with opencv, vux with bullets and box2d and many others are showing us a certain way of life, generous, powerfull. They decide to take time to write and create strong contributions.
Developpement is time, work, new competences learning, and a vision.

@karistouf
The Five commandments :)

@poof
Gpu particles (gpu splines)+mre in the contributions by dottore, abstract birds = dotore + defetto.
Do I believe it was realtime, yes, go check the contributions, that they so kindly shared.
Will they share that patch, I wouldn’t expect them to, it was a commission.
Learn some vvvv or go and try and make it in jitter, and show us how far ahead jitter is.
Case closed, next?
You really are bigging up vvvv inadvertently!
:D

Gpu particles (gpu splines)+mre in the contributions by dottore, abstract birds = dotore + defetto.
Do I believe it was realtime, yes, go check the contributions, that they so kindly shared.
Will they share that patch, I wouldn’t expect them to, it was a commission.

Cool, and how would i have known that? The “how to make high quality 3d scenes tutorial” that doesnt exist? This is what im talking about, you all speak of whats possible but leave no clues as to how to actually do any of it.

Are you aware of the process of learning something poof?

Are you a Jitter bot?