Internal Structure

If I open a patch with one subpatch missing, will all connections to the missing patch be deleted internally or will they remain forever as invisible xml data-dump?

the subpatch node and all connection will be deleted while the patch gets loaded. if you save your patch again that information is lost.

note that there actually is an error message - but you will see it only if you happen to have a Renderer (TTY) open and know exactly what to look for.

this needs to be changed, i agree…

It would be great to have a gather to folder option for creating patches you can move between pc’s/upload, or at least something to tell you what you need to move yourself!

i fullheartly agree.

The reason I seldom make modules (actually never!)is that, I invariably change them according to the patch, which if their in the modules folder messes them up for all other patches!
Of course a standalone patch would be good too, or a save to pseudo-node, ie one you cant change by accident or intent would be good too!

ever noticed that grayed out “copy all media accordingly” button on the saveas dialog? that is exactly your idea. not yet implemented though. back then we thought this could be a classic pay-feature (because implementing it could be quite boring…)

the other thing: missing subpatches and connections when opening a patch is quite awkward. it is also planned to get red dummynodes and dummylinks in places of missing nodes…ever since…so much i can assure you. and one fine day…

and even the quite fine feature of pd/max: subpatches that get saved within the mainpatches file…is still in the pipeline.

I remember talk of standalones and screensavers too!
Definatly get the boring bit though!
The pd feature sounds useful too!

A “bake module/subpatch” function is on top of my wishlist as I often have the same problem as cat.
I find it really painful all the time, being forced to make a complete duplicate of my whole projects folder just make an alternate version of some tiny subpatch burried somewhere in the patch structure of my project.
BTW - I had a discussion with oschatz about that topic a few weeks ago when I thought “damn… now I’m forced to make a complete duplicate of my whole projects folder just make an alternate version of some tiny subpatch burried somewhere in the patch structure of my project…”

Also I would really love to create executables with vvvv, integrating the vvvversion the patch was made with - just to be on a safer side.

Cheers,
Sven

or a integrated version history in each patch. nothing would be lost and you can revert to a proior stage anytime you like

What do you mean by “version history”. Do you mean a history of the patch? I reckon that would lead to very large scripts.