Ilda laser,,, diy dac ? software ? arduino control ? dmx?

hi dep,

i also own have the lumax interface, the plugin had been developed upon my initative … the node works with the interface as expected, at least it did for me in beta 23 / 24 or something around that. the interface has only 10bit of spatial resolution, which was too little for my purpose at that time, thats why I went on to the ld2000 which has 16bit of spatial resolution. but for fast graphics the lumax should be the most straightforward and easy solution. If for some reason the node doesnt work anymore (which I dont think), it should be fairly easy to port it to a newer version of vvvv.
i never tried the dmx capabilities of the lumax. as far as I understand these are used to trigger frames that are stored in some sort of framebuffer, but the actual graphics arent transfered via dmx.
This video: http://vimeo.com/3076888 is actually only a random test using some typospread / damper / lumax interface … so yes. should be working …

hey hey, I’ve been chasing all the topics around lumax/laser etc. for a few days to find some clues.
vjs4 and eno I wathced all the videos and it’s ace ! it was good to see potential…
now I’ve got a better understanding but I still have a few problems/questions which I’m struggling with…

I am using lumax interface and Laserworld CS500RG-Y laser with V4 via minilumax Configuration tool. I am not quite sure if this is the right tool to communicate with laser this is the only one that I could let it work,
it seems working fine so far,already got some images and even kinect based realtime graphics with a quite well fps however, The first problem that I am having is blanking issue as androsyn has had and as a newbie on V4 I have no idea how can I fix that. I think it needs a few more painful nights…
heres my questions and if you can tell me more that’d be really great

• how can I fix blanking/backdrawing issue on V4, as well as the cornering,anchoring etc. is it possible to share a simple v4 patch that you’ve done?

• minilumax conf. tool may not be the ideal one, do you have any other suggestions that work with lumax interface/ILDA? I already requested to get a LD2000 SDK, it’s totally kinder surprise for me (-

• did you try to convert any kind of captured video(or real-time) to vector as that tool does http://hacylon.case.edu/ebay/laser_diode/LaserCam.php
    at least in theory, do you think is it possible with a few combinations in V4?

oh I can ask millions of them… thanks in advance.

stereohead its nice to read that you can achive all that !
i dont own a luminax interface, but i would like to have one, can you tell me where i can order one and how much is it ?

and can you post your patches of how its working, any example drwawing anything will be nice, and how did you transform a texture… i would like to help you, and most likekly i will have the same problem in the future

i think its possible to fix the blanking , everything its possible in vvvv :P

if you cant please send me an email to vjandresc4 & gmail