I dont have a dx9 render node, only ex9

Hi, in the tutorial it says load dx9 renderer. I looked in my node list and cant find one! Only the ex9 renderer!

If I use the ex9 everything works fine, but on my second monitor the image becomes a bit stretched when set to fullscreen. I am using quads but they become rectangles. Any ideas how I can fix this? I am using the correct resolution (1042 x 768)…

Thanks!

Hi, in the tutorial it says load dx9 renderer. I looked in my node list and cant find one! Only the ex9 renderer!

Yes, the Renderer (EX9) is the node to use when you want to use directx 9 for rendering.

If you look into your node list (moreover the category list), you can see two rendering categorys:

• DX9
  • EX9

Basically, you’ll want to use DX9 primitives when you don’t have to use a shader and EX9 primitives when you need to use a shader (could it be for deforming mesh or lightning).

So, i suppose that the tutorial refers to the Renderer (EX9) using Quad (DX9) primitives.

I f I use the ex9 everything works fine, but on my second monitor the image becomes a bit stretched when set to fullscreen. I am using quads but they become rectangles. Any ideas how I can fix this? I am using the correct resolution (1042 x 768)

Yes, that’s because your screen resolution (1027x768) is 4:3.
The renderer deals with absolute unit (from -1 to 1).
AspectRatio (Transform) might do the trick.

hope it helps