HTTP Post doesn't have BODY pin? (help with Philips Hue)

Sure!

Workin on it right now!

What’s the best way to include the HTTPPostRaw node in a contribution?

bad news,

i’ve put POST through it’s paces and it works great, but PUT gives me a failed error…here’s what I get from the TTY window:

Stacktrace:
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.CloseInternal(Boolean internalCall, Boolean aborting)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.System.Net.ICloseEx.CloseEx(CloseExState closeState)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at System.IO.Stream.Close()
   at System.IO.Stream.Dispose()
   at VVVV.Nodes.HttpPostRawNode.Evaluate(Int32 spreadMax)

InnerException:
System.IO.IOException: Cannot close stream until all bytes are written.
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.CloseInternal(Boolean internalCall, Boolean aborting)

That make sense to anybody?

Thanks again!

well, crap

i’m stuck here until i can do a PUT request,

can anybody take a look and help me out?

appealed to Elias and woei directly through PM’s, but if anybody else can help out that would be great!

i really want to get these Hue bulbs up and running, and without PUT requests I’m totally stuck

Turns out all the problems here are totally my fault after all, I was aiming at the wrong IP after resetting my router among other things…so the PUT requests work out fine!

PROBLEM IS…the node is just SLOW…really much too slow for my tastes, is this the result of it being raw code? Would it be faster if it was ‘compiled’ somehow or something like that?

Right now I’m looking at a solution using ShellExecute (Windows) and http://curl.haxx.se/ that is much faster, but lacks the full two-way communication…

I’ll post the patches as I finish them up, though!

try exec