in the last couple of days i addressed a few issues regarding the HTMLTexture node. here’s a list of changes:
- crashed when doing fast url switching (see here): fixed by blocking until internal used CEF browser object (used by each slice of a renderer) is created.
- crashed when decreasing the width/height inputs (see https://discourse.vvvv.org/t/10079: fixed by doing an intersect for each dirty rectangle reported by cef before writing to the texture.
- crashed when setting new “Update DOM” pin to true: should be fixed by new blocking behaviour in constructor.
- fixed various issues in CefXmlReader (used to translate CefDom to XDocument/XElement).
- updated bindings to latest released CEF 1.1364.1123 (see official website for a complete list of changes)
now here come a few reported issues i couldn’t fix:
- https://discourse.vvvv.org/t/9963 - cef binaries crash too. as they droppped support for audio/video tags in CEF 1 i think only way out would be to switch to CEF 3.
- https://discourse.vvvv.org/t/10069 - that one is driving me nuts. i spent a whole day trying to figure it out but sadly with no luck.
- https://discourse.vvvv.org/t/9502 - would need to provide the offscreen browser with a window handle, but which one?
and here comes a list of feature requests i didn’t have time yet to address:
- read out java script variables
revision of new alpha build containing these changes is: 4e55ee7da0 (being built in the moment of writing this)