HTML Texture DX11 performance

I’ve built an HTML5 interface with some simple swipe menus and 1080p/720p webm videos playing one at a time. The whole thing is rendered to a horizontal 4k texture in vvvv. On the target hardware, a NUC i5, it won’t run faster than 25fps, which is still somewhat tolerable. But when a video plays, the framerate will drop below 20. Is there anything I can do to the HTML Texture to get a better performance out of it? Reducing the size of the texture isn’t really an option, since the styling is fixed to 4k (and a lower resolution would make the text look shitty anyway).

Don’t think you have much options but to replace your NUC with some proper motherboard

• do you get better results running this just in plain chrome (without vvvv)?
  • do you get different performance with HTMLTexture (DX9)?

I can’t really test it in Chrome, since I don’t have a 4k screen right now. It works with dev tool’s 4k screen simulation, but that isn’t really the same thing…

HTMLTexture (DX9) has much worse performance as soon as something’s happening on the page.

here is a new option you could try: https://vvvv.org/blog/htmltexture-now-for-dx11-and-more

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.