How to setup the typewriter for touch input

hi all,

I want to enable the typewriter to accept touch inputs. What’s the smartest way to do this?

In Typewriter / Controls / “insert” region the chars coming from key notification are used to generate control data for the typewriter. My approach would be to create control commands from my touch inputs.

setinsert

The “set insert” function is references from “Text.Controldata[Advanced]”
When I look at the definitions of the typewriter patch, it is dark - marked as “internal”

How do I get this reference into my patch?
When I try to copy paste the definitions to a new patch, all of them get red.

error

I guess the “internal” marked references link so internal gamma libraries, and I don’t want to change anything in there. How do I get them to work in my new typrwriter patch?

fresh typewriter.vl (548.7 KB)

I used InputSimulator for building an onscreen touch-keyboard.
No need to modify Typewriter then. But be aware that while InputSimulator has a way to simulate/send modified keystrokes (such as Altgr+Q for @, or Shift+t for a capital T) the method doesn’t work when a stride RenderWindow has the focus (guess the modifiers get somehow “stolen” by SDL). In my case I could work around it. There were changes regarding textevents in the meantine by @Elias but I don’t know if they make any difference in that regard.

thx for the tip, I will check it out!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.