How to distribute a patch to non vvvv users?

Hi,

Just started using vvvv and think it’s brilliant but I’m struggling to find out if it’s possible to make a self contained application with it? From what I can see, it’s not possible currently?

I was wondering if anyone has a method of distributing their projects to people who don’t necessarily use or have vvvv installed?

I know this isn’t exactly the intended use of vvvv, but for game/generative art jams (specifically procjam in my case) the fast prototyping nature of vvvv is really useful and it would be nice to be able to release something standalone at the end.

hi @xanhast

yep, there’s currently no way to make a standalone package out of a vvvv project, the people you’re giving your patch to will have to have vvvv and dependencies you might use installed.

what you could do to make things more convenient is to provide a .bat file that starts your project with the /shutup parameter so that the patch window does not appear, only renderers will be displayed (if that’s coherent with your usecase of course).

see this page for informations on command line parameters

also, pay attention to the fact that you must have a clean project structure with all your subpatches and assets so that the people opening your patch will have them too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.