Forum

How to combine the heightField texture and the geometry layer

I use FieldTrip pack generate the heightField texture and I load geomertyFile. But I have problem how to combine them together. Thx your kind!

If i combine the two layers, something happened weridly.
Thanks a lot for your help

Is your depthbuffer is on? Ctrl-I depthbuffer?
If that doesn’t work you can try color and depth node

Thanks for your help! I didn’t change to the deepbuffer, it works now!

I want to use MeshToSDF and VolumeSDF to load the model. It produces artifacts. How to solve it.

I’m confused about how to load model to SDF. Loading the dragon works but the teaport doesn’t. Could you give me some advice. Thanks a lot!

Well, this method is little bit of hack then the proper mesh to sdf converter, basically it does camera from many directions and then writes that to dds volume texture, so your mesh has to be inside of bounds (e.g. scaled to stay inside 1,1,1 cube), and you need to have enough passes, like angles from witch your mesh was scanned for depth…

This artifacts you see is pixels that was not properly written, and in the case of container that happens when edges are to close to bounding box and you have sharp angle…

Also to note mesh cannot have holes, e.g. you should not be able to see back faces of the mesh…

1 Like

you have to do everything in one superphysical scene. process the sdf and the standard geometry within their own gbuffers. then you can combine those buffers in a superphysical deferred renderer.

just a quick test… I made an extra pin to output the layer of the instanced geometry gbuffer before going into its renderer.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! All very useful!