HLSL to GLSL (bit off-topic, I'm afraid)

hi toneburst! very interesting work. i will port the shader to jitter in the next days. the implementation of the pre-transform matrix is cool. quarz does not support mat4? what kind of fragment shader do you use?

hurra, dd

hi sinus.

I’ve been making some enquiries about this. Turns out GPUs generally don’t handle branching very well (if at all), so it’s actually better to put each function it it’s own shader, and switch between them externally.

No, Quartz Composer only supports Mat4s inside a GLSL shader, so I’m forced to pass four vec4s (which are actually each exposed as four separate float inputs) in, and construct the transformation matrix from these inside the shader.

The fragment shader is very simple. It’s essentially the same as the shading calculation and fragment shader desaxismundi used for his original Surfaces Simple shaders.

Cheers,

alx

PS.
This is about as close as I can get to ‘Spreaded’ shaders in QC.
Pseudospreads

The problem is, I have to render each iteration to an image, so there’s no way to composite the meshes to they really look like they’re in the same 3D space (hence making them translucent, to avoid the problem.

Hi,

Thought you might be interested to see my first steps towards getting the Superformula shader working in GLSL:

Still lots to do, particularly as I can’t seem to get the lighting to work at all, but I’m quite pleased with the results so far :)

Regards,

alx