Help Bounty Network Stream Nr.2

To resume the following Topic:

Help Bounty Network Stream

I Installed the file “fugStreamSend.cfg” into the following folder:

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\admin\Eigene Dateien\FreeFrame\bigfug.com

Because I use the german version of XP I installed it under “Eigene Dateien” and not under “My Documents”.

When I start 4v I see all the freeframe plugins but I can’t use “fugStreamSend”. If I use the reseiver it says:
“Couldn’t bind socket”.

I have installed all the updates yiffable recommended in
“Help Bounty Network Stream”.

Can anyone help me?
elektromeier did you solved the problem?

thanks.

“Couldn’t bind socket”.

This might indicate that another application/process already uses the same socket address (protocol, IPaddress, port) the receiver wants to bind. Or a socket that formerly bind to the IPaddress/port has not been closed properly.

the windows netstat command will provide extensive informations about ports opened by different applications

Thanks for the help.
I can use the freeframe fugStreamPatches now.

I have still a few questions concerning these patches.

First in the sender-modul I can only choose my webcam for the input. Is it possible to choose an avi-file?

Second in the Receiver-modul I have to choose a stream. In which folder do I find the stream?

Last but not least. I see only one VideoOutWindow from the Sender-Modul. If all works right I should see two Windows, one from the sender-modul and one from the receiver-modul. Is this true?

Thanks anyway.

helo doc.

• First in the sender-modul I can only choose my webcam for the input. Is it possible to choose an avi-file?
    you can replace the VideoIn node with a FileStream node to use an .avi file.

• Second in the Receiver-modul I have to choose a stream. In which folder do I find the stream?
    choose any .avi (=stream) you like that has the same dimensions than your source stream. note that you only need to do this due to vvvvs lack of handling freeframe-source-plugins correctly.

• Last but not least. I see only one VideoOutWindow from the Sender-Modul. If all works right I should see two Windows, one from the sender-modul and one from the receiver-modul. Is this true?
    true.

Hi,

can someone please post me a version of the fugstream plugin that is reported to work in vvvv.

The two versions i found on the net i can not get to work !?

1. The current version 1.10.0 available here:
    Does not work at all for me - the nodes do not show up in vvvv

2. An older version 1.9 beta available here:
    Nodes show up in vvvv but receiver side of joregs demo patch does only show a black video window.
    tty-renderer does not report any errors

I already tried the tips mentioned in this thread and an older one without success !?

Markus

Are you all sure you have installed VC SP1 runtime? It’s different from the non SP1 and I spent a few hours getting pissed until I stuck the correct runtimes on. Link is on the download page.

See VideoStreaming if you still have troubles getting it to work.