Help/Advice with Kinect b27.1

Thats true, I’ve got 3 hanging on my walls at the moment!
Ah, I’ve just edited the ‘Max depth cutoff’ value in
C:\Program Files (x86)\PrimeSense\SensorKinect\Data\GlobalDefaultsKinect.ini
Which seems to have helped, still got one hanging around but I’m sure I can loose that one!

Sounds kinda creepy round your place :)

i am afraid the issues you mentioned are OpenNI related (for my understanding). specifically there is no feedback from OpenNI when calibration is finished as discussed in the openni-dev group. there they mention a workaround, that could probably be patched… also the disappearance-time seems to be hardcoded, haven’t come across anything related in the api.

nope, but what was that parameter called exactly in the config? maybe thats exposed in the api!?

@woei: ja, i was hoping the spreadable Confidence CutOff allows for the same tweaks as having multiple confidence outputs…

I’ve moved onto the windows drivers now, they Much more stable tracking and faster too!

Hi Cat,
I’m also on a kinect project and having the same issues you mentioned above… I’m considering upgrading to win7 to be able to use the microsoft sdk drivers, would you recommend it? It’s a bit of a step to move from xp… ;)
any one else feedback on that? really appreciated!

I’m liking WIn7, I haven’t booted into xp for ages now, takes a bit of getting used to, they moved a bunch of stuff, especially in the control panel!
1 thing I did that helped with occluded joints moving around was to raise the camera as high as I could, which makes it less likely to happen, see if that helps, I seem to remember all the joints jumping around though with ni, with the sdk it was only hand/elbow, hand/shoulder on the whole
The sdk drivers seem to be much better than the openni for skeleton tracking…

@ cat

do you mean the microsoft drivers that vux wrote?

yes sorry I wasn’t clear…

here my recent tests with ms sdk might make things more clear here https://vimeo.com/40940980 converting for 30 more mins lol

Tnx Cat, i meant the drivers rather than win7 ;)
They are pretty good actually, motor responding, cooool
great job Vux!