Generative content for dome

hi everyone!
i am wondering about how is it possible to make generative content for the dome. i know about texturizing the sphere and put camera inside, but i did it only with ready panoramic photos and now i want to make some abstract stuff. how to make the picture’s edges look kind of fisheye or else so that it could map the sphere without this ugly seams? just like the panoramic pics

thank you,
anya

Hi, this bit complex to explain in few words…
Start with render cubetexture and cubetosphere node

antokhio, thank you! i’ll check this nodes, hope i’ll find out how they work

Have you seen this contribution?

basic_sphere.v4p (20.7 KB)

hi veinlet , with AKa-visuals we did similar to anthokio in that project COLORSOUND-IXD - INTERACTION DESIGN | DIGITAL FOREST DOME MAPPING .

like this :

Dome_Interactive

tonfilm, yes, i’ve seen this and it’s very cool as a template. but all the stuff that is used there as a projection is either a geometry scene or a panoramic picture, so i couldn’t find out how to map a simple texture like noise.

antokhio, yes, that’s exactly what i need. actually CubeToSphere help patch was super helpful too) thank you a lot!

colorsound, hmm, i tried to use this node before but seems like CubeMap read only .dds files. but thank you anyway)

Nice to hear, if you need more help, post it here…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.