Freeframe contour video out off?

Hi lasal

I usually use trautner before the contour node. the trautner can be set to hold background and thus do background subtraction you can furthermore use a mask image to define regions where you want to detect motion. when I have been using contour, I have gotten really good results using just those two freeframe nodes and with pretty good performance.

Sune

Hello people,

i´ve tryed with trauner but i don´t like the results, i need a permanent tracking and this plugin is more usefull for motion detection.

Finally i´ve only changed the resolution of the dxtexture before the asvideo node to 160x120 px, and switched to none the Asvideo sincro pin, now my patch is runing at stable 65-70 fps, and i have a good video response without latency.
Only adjusting a pair things “et violá”.

Thanks a lot for the help.

L

The idea behind using trautner just before contour is that trautner can do the background subtractoin and hand over a nice greyscale image to contour to work on.

it need a bit of tweaking of the thresholds, but then you can get some good results and you get the added feature of motion detection “for free”

I have attached a little example and a screenshot of it running on my laptop

trautner_and_contour.v4p (11.2 kB)
Capture.JPG (59.7 kB)

Hey Sunep!

I´ve got you now! it´s a very simple but usefull trick ;)
And it´s nice to have a dynamic BG substraction too.
Thanks for the info/patch.

L

@lasal

You are very welcome

how about the performance, did it get better?

Sune

Thanks Sune,

The performance is better but i want to work with other graphical elements and use the ordinary renderer, not only with the video out screen.

Anyway the trick is very usefull.

L

Yes you are on topic, but maybe i have problems to explain this in English correctly.

when i use the video output of the contour node, it only runs at 25fps even if i disable the show filtered pin, and i say again that it can maybe be a limitation of the freeframe plugins.
I´ve used a lot of freeframe plugins with my 60fps camera and lot of them (maybe all) have this problem, it only runs at 25 fps.

Yes you are on topic, but maybe i have problems to explain this in English correctly.

when i use the video output of the contour node, it only runs at 25fps even if i disable the show filtered pin, and i say again that it can maybe be a limitation of the freeframe plugins.
I´ve used a lot of freeframe plugins with my 60fps camera and lot of them (maybe all) have this problem, it only runs at 25 fps.

just chekin

still checkin