Forward+ or how bring thousands of dynamic lights to VVVV

One Sentence: Whats happening in your workshop?
In the beginning of the first part of this workshop, i will give a short overview over deferred and forward shading and the advantages of each. After the theoretical lessons we will have a closer look on my forrward+ implementation in vvvv and how to patch them.
After this il will give a short explanation on order independent transparency and what we need it for and an overview of existing algorithms. after this we will patch it.
In the second part i will give an overview of how easy it is to implement forrward+ to your own shaders, how to implement it to Instance Noodles, to your particles and so on. This is the most importend feature of forward+, because dx11 patches are often based on forward shading.

here some information what forward+ is

What 3 tags describe your workshop?
ForwardPlus DX11 OIT

In which of the three categories does your workshop fall: beginner, intermediate, advanced
intermediate(first part), advanced(second part)

How long will your workshop be?
(Standard formats are 3h or 2x 3h, but other formats may be possible)
i hope 3 hours will be enough

Who is the target audience of your workshop?
Anyone who is interested in advanced dx11 techniques and anyone how wants to bring a lot of lights to vvvv

What knowledge do you presume your participants have?
basic to advanced knowledge of HLSL

What will attendees of your workshop learn?

• basic understanding of deferred vs forward+ shading
  • how to implement forward+ in nearly every dx11 patch

What technical requirements does your workshop have (apart from internet and a projector)?
e.g. special hardware, software, graphiccards, materials, dancers/performers

Who would be the two hosts?

• Johannes Schmidt (kopffarben)
  • another colleage(tba.)

How would the hosts qualify for the topic? (Describe and add links to portfolio website, github, vimeo,… accounts)

1000 lights on a notebook

11 Likes

thats realy cool! never heard of this technique before but I totaly love it!

would be awesome to combine this with superphong.

2 Likes